Tuesday, February 5, 2013

You Can't Miss, Swiss-Miss

Blogging away: read and write

Swiss-Miss has truly been a great blog to read, so thanks for forcing us to do this, Erica. There are always quotes that are important ideas for us, me, whomever, to read. It has interesting pictures and videos that are fun and truly make me excited to be in the field I am. 

Typography

In the past week on Swiss-Miss, I have seen a wide variety of intriguing ideas, my favorite you ask? Well, I'm not completely sure, by I want to by a book I saw on there called Little Book of Lettering by Emily Gregory. I mentioned in my critique for this week that I'm awful at drawing, that only truly leads to one other option, my typography has to be kick-butt. I want to have the perfect typography to go with my designs and advance and enhance the look and style that I hope one day will be called great. The book goes into the different styles and types of lettering that have a "diverse range of talent in gorgeous, eye-catching" fonts (according to the book's review on the link below).
http://www.chroniclebooks.com/new-releases/little-book-of-lettering.html

Advice

The quote below is taken off of Swiss-Miss as well, and it hits-home the idea that Will, Erica and Andrea have been trying to get through to us, me in particular (at least from my point of view). It's weird, but it took advice I read on Swiss-Miss advising me to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment