Wednesday, February 13, 2013

You Can't Miss: Fun typography

Typography-schmaschmography, or is it?

Typography is one element key to any design. The text, if fun and inviting, can be the piece of the design that draws people in and keep them wanting more. Below are some pictures I found on Swiss-Miss and they are fun and inviting. On the "I'll just have a salad," the letters have tips that look like letters and it just adds to the idea of the salad theme, which pairs quite nicely to the green background.




I like the Mimosas text because it is a subtle text that, again, goes perfectly with the colors. As for "These Heels Don't Hurt" I think this font is very cute and very good for the message especially with the drop shadow because it adds some height (like heels, see what I did there?) to the text.
-AMA

2 comments:

  1. Abby, these are really fun examples of typography. As a designer, I am more drawn to big, bold text that really makes an impression. I sometimes think that whimsical fonts don't have that power. However, these fonts are both fun and interesting. The use of the drop shadow is excellent; it adds just enough interest without drawing your eye from the beautiful lettering. More than anything though, I love the use of color to draw your attention. Really great and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved these. I actually blogged about them to. The blog I follow led me to it one night. They were clever and many times I feel like typography can set the mood to a design. I think these feminine typefaces (i think they are illustrations) look great against the bold backgrounds. It really stands out to the readers that way, therefore gets the message across more successfully.

    ReplyDelete