Sunday, February 17, 2013

Critique: Cecil Estes

"King of the Court" is the title I gave to the story. I think
this photo is nice because of the shadows and not being
able to see the kids faces. I think the sun being near the title
is a nice touch as well.
This was probably my favorite design.


Stoked. That is the feeling I had when to do my cover designs. When I first started, I didn't know where to begin, then I just started and I'm glad about how they turned out. The designs are clean and professional, in my opinion. I stuck with the simple color palette, mainly because the photos are black and white and it was an easy complement. Also, during revisions I decided to go a little bit further with my concept idea, I'm not sure if it is exactly perfect. Well, I know it's not, but I think I further advanced my concept when I added the colors and made the basketball lines thicker. Overall, I am happy with the designs and I was definitely bummed that I didn't win, but next time. It's good to be in such a competitive environment, it drives us even more in our field, that's the thing we need. Drive.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your cover designs. One of my favorites was the basketball illustration. I think it could have worked as the cover but it was missing something and I don't know what. Maybe a texture? A thicker darker/font? Great concept!

    ReplyDelete