Wednesday, April 10, 2013

You Can't Miss: Swiss-Miss

Ok. Okay. I don't know how much easier things can get for kids these days. Yes, I'm aware I sound like an 80-year-old grandparent. But when I was young if we were going to have a bake sale, lemonade stand, or any other way to increase our piggy bank's weight we had to make posters for "advertisement." It was real "homemade" looking, but it was my childhood.

That being said, I will now step off my soap box.

Ikea thinks of everything and now they've done it again. While this cardboard stand is meant for play, it is definitely a way for kids to have a business with a professional look. It's wonderful to see the different items that appear on Swiss-Miss. This is what I posted from my blog this week because when I first saw this, I thought, "wow, how things have changed." If even a lemonade stand business is changing this much, it only makes sense our field can and will drastically change over the next 15+ years.
Wired's most recent cover, April 2013. 

Wired's first cover, 1993.

Hannah was talking yesterday in class about how Wired has developed and changed so much over the years. And before that, I talked with Sara Steffens about Anthem Media and KC Magazine doing a redesign this summer and how she things digital magazines are becoming bigger, I just keep seeing change everywhere in this industry. I had another interview with Steffens and she kept stressing all the different programs we use constantly developing and it'd be really hard to ever know everything about them.
-AMA


No comments:

Post a Comment