Wednesday, April 17, 2013

You Can't Miss: Apple Design Tips

We all design on Apple computers, so I figured, why not let y'all check out some design tips from apple.

My favorites:

  • Keep it Simple
    • This is so true, sometimes we just overdue our designs. Sometimes we just think we should keep going and going and going. We want to make everything so intricate and when we have a design in mind we can get a little carried away. This helps us remember, we gotta KEEP IT SIMPLE!
  • Sweat the Small Stuff
    • Oh boy, oh boy. Keeping in mind that being a perfectionist isn't a bad thing. Sometimes we have to SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF to make everything look the best it can. 
  • Make it Friendly 
    • Erica and Andrea always remind us of this one, but we need to keep our readers in mind and making it user friendly is very important. 
  • Be Consistent
    • Wow, this is definitely something we have had to learn working on the Meredith Project with so many different designers. I am interning at Anthem Publishing this summer and having different designers it's going to be important to be consistent and try and make our designs co-mingle. 
  • Create Beautiful Custom Icons
    • Illustrations aren't my strong-suit, but I decided that I was going to put illustrations on my list of "things to get better at."
That's all for now, but I didn't think y'all should miss this.

1 comment:

  1. Someone happened to get me the Steve Jobs biography on CD for when I drive to and from Arkansas. One really interesting thing in it is when he talks about his father, who did some woodworking.

    Jobs, as a boy, saw him putting together a cabinet or box or something, and he was spending a lot of time on an inside piece, something no one would ever see. He asked him why, and his father said that it was important to pay attention to those things you know other people won't notice.

    I'm not sure why he thought that, but I always think that those little things, like you say, are really what ends up counting, because they add up and affect the whole end product.

    ReplyDelete