Wednesday, April 17, 2013

One Martini, Two Martini, 3 MARTINI Critique

The "Three Martini" covers were interesting to work with. I decided that I wanted to use the silhouette photo illustration because it had the Mad Men feel completely and I furthered that with the colors (black, red & white). I think this cover would have worked really well; however, I think it would have been better if I put the Vox Magazine logo behind the head of the silhouette. Andrea, that's a great idea. The sell lines are at the top and in bar form because I think they don't actually affect the the photo illustration or take away from the photo. Since they are red and white it enhanced the cover. The fonts don't actually do anything for the cover, but I put them on there because I thought they worked well as Mad Men fonts.

1 comment:

  1. I think the placement and crop of the photo looks great. You just need to improve on font choices. I am working on covers for this week and currently have been having problems with font choice. It is tough to find something bold to catch attention but also not taking away too much from the photo/illustration.

    ReplyDelete