Tuesday, March 12, 2013

You Can't Miss: The Diver

Oh, Swiss-Miss, you never cease to amaze me. The diver is a 49-second animated film. It made me excited about my illustrations and skills because I think the sharp look of the objects makes the art look awesome. If you check out his website you can see that all of his illustrations have a really quirky feel to them.

I think, that's something I have struggled with in the past when doing my own illustrations. I don't want people to judge them and think of them as poorly done. However, I'm beginning to realize that it's important to have my own signature style and it can be weird, and bad [to me] because what's one mans trash is another mans treasure. Check out some of Lancett's artwork and illustrations below.
















Illustration by James Lancett, taken from his awesome website.

Also, below is a video he posted about some of his works. It's really cool, I'd advise watching it for all you illustrators and illustrator wannabes out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment