Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Critique

I don't really have anything to critique this week because I'm going to post my covers next week when critiquing. However, I'm going to critique my portfolio, again, but with a twist. I've begun designing my mini portfolio. And by that, I mean that I think I know my colors and typography. 

My mini portfolio is something that I really want to nail and I think that it should be a great representation of me. Yesterday, when we saw the examples I especially liked the introduction pages to the sections that had a quote opposite it. I mean our portfolios should be a representation of us and I love quotes and I have favorite quotes that I think would be important for an employer to see to get an idea of the kind of person I am. One of my favorite quotes of all time is probably:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are younot to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Yes, I'm aware that I've told you all this before. However, I've been thinking wouldn't it be cool if I broke the quote up into sections throughout my portfolio. The quote starts off timid and then builds to the end and the person being "grown-up," if that makes sense, but that's something I've been considering. I also was considering choosing four or five quotes, but that would mean I would need that many sections and something I will say about my portfolio, is that it lacks work. I just don't have as much experience as some other designers in the class, but I'm hoping that will soon change. Also, I want to have a section of published work and I think in order for that to happen I need to have a cover, feature, department, and iPad work in that section. I just think that in order for my portfolio to be the way I want it, I need to step up my game and I think with my covers y'all will see tomorrow, you will see that I'm trying very hard to do that. I've been working on the revisions since last Thursday, so we shall see if you guys like them.
-AMA

No comments:

Post a Comment