Monday, March 4, 2013

Response: True/False Film Festival


Click on the above The Crash Reel poster to check out the film's website. Also you can go to the Facebook page or check out the Twitter page and name. And of course, you can tweet at #loveyourbrain. 
     Well, typically I'm too busy to go to a movie. This weekend was no different; however, I am very glad I went and watched this film. I spent my whole day doing things for Vox Magazine and design class. Vox office to design arts department, then to work at CV and print off my design thumbnails, and lastly, from there I went to the Blue Note for The Crash Reel
     I have to admit, I'm an Olympics nerd and the Winter Olympics probably steal my heart. [It probably has something to do with Cool Runnings being a top favorite movie as a child.] 
[Click on the photo above if you know nothing about Cool Runnings and want to learn more.]

     When Kevin Pearce was injured I was really disappointed, he's my favorite over The Flying Tomato, but I still enjoy seeing that Tomato flying high on his snowboard down the pipes. I'm an overall sports fan, they're my life and watching that movie hit home that the love of my life are dangerous. 
     The documentary was done amazingly and I enjoyed that Lucy Walker started with a little background, then the incident. I had to look away because seeing his fall again and again was a little much, but it was perfect to demonstrate how KP became a traumatic brain injury [TBI] survivor. At the beginning of the movie when the credits were going, I was again drawn in to this amazingness. I want to do textures, so terribly bad after watching those credits, so I will soon be learning and mastering that technique (hopefully). You can find out some more information about Kevin Pearce, just check out his website. 
     It all comes down to my Facebook status.
-AMA

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS, COOL RUNNINGS.

    What a good movie.

    This was actually on my list of documentaries to see, but I didn't have time. :(

    ReplyDelete