Wednesday, January 30, 2013

You Can't Miss, Swiss-Miss

Swiss-Miss, sounds like a great cup of hot chocolate (which would be really awesome tonight). I saw a video within this past week and it's a commercial from Internet Explorer, it was an inspiring video, which might be cheesy. But it was a video about the 90's and growing up. Below is the post from YouTube and from Swiss-Miss. I have some photos from the commercial and like I said this commercial was inspiring to me. I'm excited about the bright colors, and the emotions it made me feel, it was very easy to remember a time when I did these things, when I had fun staying up late, outside, playing games. It could be that with me getting closer to graduation, I have this want to go back in time, but I think it could be a good way for designs to go with a reminiscent idea, and that's what I'm going with for my Vox Spring Preview and probably several designs in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkM6RJf15cg YouTube

http://www.swiss-miss.com/ Swiss-Miss




It is cheesy. I understand that, but I can't get over the fact that this simple commercial can bring up so many emotions. I want Internet Explorer for the simple fact that it had a sentimental value. 

2 comments:

  1. That commercial was a truly great piece of work. Internet Explorer is still a crap browser, but it was great advertising. It's able to play on your emotions and has so many great references. It also kind of turns the browser's weakness into a strength.

    Firefox and Chrome are like the cool ways to surf right now, but Internet Explorer is saying that they weren't around then. It was, and it's just as much a part of us as Hungry Hippos. I think I'll stick with Chrome, though.

    — Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Will on this one; this was a really great advertisement. I, too, can't stand Internet Explorer, but they definitely know how to advertise to bring back some of their old users.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete