Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Response: iPad Design Lab Reading and class

First, let me just say, I am very pleased with yesterday's critiques. It was awesome hearing your critiques of not only my design, but of others as well because now I know what others like and want to see.
Now on to the iPad reading. Since I'm designing my iPad this weekend, it was good to have that reading, it was really interesting seeing how people interact with the iPad and perceive it. When discussing the 'lean-forward' and 'lean-backward' styles of media, it was intriguing because I had never actually considered that idea. However, when I was reading the iPad Design Lab, and was laying down, I immediately sat up smiling.
Maybe it's just me, but when trying out the Vox iPad designs of the magazine, I kept getting drawn to the places with pop-ups. It's really just intriguing that I can point my finger on the screen and pop-up more information in a magazine. Yeah, you can do this on games, but the fact that we as journalists are adapting and making it an interesting was of absorbing the news, it makes me happy and wanting to be apart of this field even more. I have uploaded the first page of chapter 5, dealing with pop-ups. 'The Takeaway,' says it all.

It's important for us, as journalists to adapt, let's see if I can fully adapt this weekend designing the Vox iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment